Laine is a high-quality knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
“Walking barefooted on a meadow wet with morning dew.
A call of a bird echoing over a silent lake.
Wandering home through the sleeping city at sunrise.”
Laine Summer 2022, Wivi, is inspired by the light Nordic summer nights – gentle, delicate and carefree. Our beloved summers are so short and sweet, that even the wee small hours feel too precious to spend asleep. The 10 designs featured in our summer collection embody that summer night’s magic and explore colourwork, texture and delicate details.
- 148 pages
- 10 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated (both charts and written instructions provided)
- an interview with knitwear designer Aleks Byrd
- an article about Sisters United
- an article about vegan knitting
- a column about the challenge of running into a creative rut by our regular columnist Päivi Kankaro
- a column about how to find comfort in learning a new craft by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes
- book reviews
- Laine Favourites section
Designers featured in this issue: Pablo Aneiros, Isabella Clark, Evgeniya Dupliy, Lindsey Fowler, Katrine Hannibal, Anna Husemann, Ema Marinescu, Claudia Quintanilla, Maria Walters and Sylvia Watts-Cherry.
Photos, yarn and needle requirements for each pattern in this issue can be found here on Ravelry, but for now the full patterns are only available in this hard copy collection.