**see below for COVID-19 Safety information**
4437 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6R 2H8
Toll free: 1-877-488-9276
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat: 10am-6pm
Sundays April through August 2022: closed
Statutory Holidays: 12-5pm
Victoria Day, Monday May 23rd 2022: open 12-5pm
Current Urban Yarns COVID-19 Safety Measures:
(updated March 11, 2022)
- As of March 11, 2022 masks are no longer mandatory in indoor public spaces in BC. Urban Yarns staff will continue to wear masks in the store area, and we have changed our policy and signage to “masks appreciated” for customers. We have free disposable masks available upon request.
- Self-serve hand sanitizer is at the front desk, and our washroom is open for customer use and hand-washing.
- All frequently-touched hard surfaces are sanitized daily. You are welcome to touch our yarn :)
- As a private business we have chosen to keep our occupancy limit in place to allow for social distancing. During this transitional time, the majority of our customers and staff feel safer in an uncrowded environment. When we are at capacity, a chain and sign will be just inside our door, and additional customers are asked to wait in the marked lineup outside until a staff member invites them in. Self-serve winding is limited to 1 skein when we are at capacity.
- If you do not wish to wait outside when we are at our occupancy capacity, we are happy to take your order by phone or online. You will be contacted by phone within 24 hours when your order is ready for pickup (no on-the-spot order fulfillment), or you can have it shipped to you by Canada Post Expedited Parcel.
- As always, verbal abuse of our staff will not be tolerated.
Urban Yarns Lonsdale at 1760 Lonsdale Ave., North Vancouver, BC closed permanently on Saturday July 27, 2019. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support, and we hope you come visit us at Urban Yarns Point Grey in Vancouver or take advantage of our online store and have your yarn, needles, and notions shipped right to your doorstep!