If you're anything like us, you have many projects going at one time. Now you can hold the live stitches of several projects at once with this extra set of leather cords.
Designed to be used with the Cocoknits Leather Stitch Holder Kit, these extra cords are vegetable tanned, like the Cocoknits Leather Handle Kit - we've found they don’t dry out as quickly as the original cords. They start out softer and require less conditioning so they won’t “stick” to yarn as much. For your more rustic yarns, or if you don’t mind conditioning often - the ones included in the original kit work fine, but these new extras work better for finer yarns.
*Please note, the current Stitch Holder Kits now contain these lower maintenance cords.
1 Set of extra cords - compatible with Leather Cord and Needle Stitch Holder kit
- One Long Cord – 59"/150 cm
- Two Short Cords – 29.5"/75 cm
How to Use:
- Use with the Stitch Holder Kit in lieu of scrap yarn whenever you need to hold live stitches.
- If your Stitch Holder Kit's cords are in use, use this extra set!
- These vegetable tanned leather cords need minimal care and maintenance.
- Just like hands, leather can get dry & needs moisturizing. We suggest, if needed, treat the cord with Thread Magic or another thread conditioner to keep your cords smooth and limber.
- Screw the needle on only until it is attached to the cord. If you continue to over-screw, you risk breaking the leather inside the needle.
- Snipping the end of your leather cord at an angle will facilitate attaching the needle.
- Leather has a grain, so be sure to "go with the grain" when sliding stitches on & off the cord.
- Notion Type:
- Stitch Holders