Use the Stitch Holder Kit in lieu of scrap yarn whenever you need to hold live stitches. The threaded needles allow you to knit off of your leather cord. Keep the contents of your kit in the reusable kraft drawer, lined with 100% wool felt.
The Leather Cord and Needle Stitch Holder Kit contains:
- two interior-threaded needles made of nickel plated steel
- three lengths of leather cord: one long, for holding sts of sweater body (59"/150 cm) & two short, for holding sts of sleeves (29.5"/75 cm)
Click here to view a YouTube video of the assembly and use of the kit
Caring for your LCN kit:
- Just like hands, leather can get dry & needs moisturizing. We suggest treating the cord with Thread Magic or another thread conditioner to keep your cords smooth and limber.
- Screw the needle on only until it is attached to the cord. If you continue to over-screw, you risk breaking the leather inside the needle.
- Snipping the end of your leather cord at an angle will facilitate attaching the needle.
- Leather has a grain, so be sure to "go with the grain" when sliding stitches on & off the cord.