The Midwinter Blanket is designed with six fair isle colourwork square motifs, each to be released weekly starting August 17, 2023 to participants of the free Midwinter Blanket Knit Along on Rowan's online education platform, Rowan Connect. There will also be a live virtual meet up half-way through the knit along, followed by a casting off party at the end on October 12, 2023. The finished blanket will include multiple squares of each of these six motifs (35 squares total plus a border), for a total finished size of 79 cm / 31" wide and 109 cm / 43 in" long. This blanket size is often called a "throw".
Martin has curated four beautiful colourways to choose from:
- Garland - 6 joyful shades dance on a light grey background (second photo above)
- Festive - 6 vibrant colours stand out against a dramatic black background
- Mulled Wine - a warming red and cream design (third photo above)
- Wintry - subtle greys and blues beautifully combine for a calming result (first photo above)
This "Wintry" yarn bundle includes:
- 5 balls of Scree 165
- 4 balls of Carbon 159
If you wish to choose your own colours for this project, instead of adding this Bundle to your cart, add the same quantities in your colours of choice from our general stock of Rowan Felted Tweed DK.
Needles (not included in bundle):
- 3.75mm / US 5 straights or circulars of any length for knitting individual squares
- 3.25mm / US 3 circulars recommended to be at least 110cm / 43" in length for joining squares and knitting border
Free Pattern (not included in bundle): Sign Up Here on Rowan Connect to receive the pattern releases by email and to access free videos and live events
Get ready to immerse yourself in cozy winter vibes and embark on a knitting adventure filled with warmth, beauty, and the joy of creating a timeless masterpiece!