Laine 16 (Winter 2023) brings you to the streets of Laine's beloved Helsinki, the capital of Finland. This issue visits a charming bookstore and an edgy record store, and sits down to have a warming cup of coffee. In short, a perfect, slow Saturday! Dare we say this might be their best issue yet?
Issue 16 - Winter 2023 includes:
- 148 pages
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 shawls, 1 waistcoat, 1 pair of socks
- an interview with Elaine Tom – learn how she became the trusted test knitter for many designers, knitting around 40 sweaters a year!
- an article on how the Craft Museum of Finland preserves cultural heritage and inspires the crafters of today
- NEW! Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lorraine Amagove Mugere, a Kenyan knitwear and crochet designer
- NEW! Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores how you can keep your favourite knits around for longer by taking care of them the right way
- NEW! Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot, and talking about crafting in their everyday lives. In this issue, we meet a knitter in Indonesia
- seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking book reviews
Designers featured in issue 16: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Dee Hardwicke, Thien-Kieu Lam, Lotta H Löthgren, Rosa Pomar, Yan Qian, Eri Shimizu, Anna Strandberg and Orlane Sucche.
Photos, yarn and needle requirements for each pattern in this issue can be found here on Ravelry, but for now the full patterns are only available in this hard copy collection.